Tuesday, May 15, 2018

One of My Hobbies

Hello All,

One of my favorite hobbies is reading.  I have always loved to read.  The problem is trying to find the time to do it.  I have some time on the bus, but on a week day at home is kind of hard.  I just finished a great book, The Woman In The Window.  This one I was able to read some at home.  It's about a woman that has agoraphobia and takes pills and drinks.  Not a good combination in life, but it made for a great read.  She sees something happen in a neighbors house, or did she?  I love mystery's and can usually figure it out before the end, but this one had a few twists that I did not see coming.  I had to close my mouth a couple times because my jaw dropped.  It really is a great read.

Another one of my hobbies it seems is ordering things from the internet.  Sometimes they are a hit, and sometimes they are a miss.  Well, Samantha found a hit.  It is called a Book Beau.  I always seem to have a book in my purse and sometimes they get messed up or my bookmark comes out and I spend my time trying to figure out where I was rather than being able to read.  When time is short this can be frustrating.  I have put my books in Ziploc bags, but the bookmark still would fall out.  Well Samantha, who is an avid reader also, found Book Beau on the internet and we ordered 3.  I love them.  I don't lose my place anymore, which gives me more time to read.

It was started by a woman named Benita Botello who had an autographed copy of a book get damaged and Book Beau was born.  They come in 3 sizes right now, but she is coming out with a lager size, which I can  not wait for!  Her patterns are very fun, which makes me happy to see it in my purse.  I also like that she is a small business owner and that we are helping her. Check out her website  https://bookbeau.com/collections/available-products?page=2. I hope you find something that you love there.

These are the Book Beau's that we have and this is what the cover of the book looks like.




Love-Craft-Pickles

La Donna

4 comments:

  1. Hi La Donna. I saw your post on Facebook and came over. So far so good. Can't wait to see more of the books you're reading. Keep up the good work! If you want, check out mine as well. Here's the link: http://nakieshasonthemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NaKiesha, thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. My daughter and I each read an average of a book a week, so we will have a lot of choices to blog about. I plan on blogging about other things as time goes on. Blogging has been really fun so far. I enjoyed your blog and will keep checking on it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! Love reading your new blog!
    I had a blog years ago that I started when the boys were little. But FB took over and I stopped writing. I also had a cooking blog that I actually had sponsors send me stuff to try (ie McCormick Spices) and write about.
    -quyen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Quyen for reading my blog. I plan on blogging about many things, but after I read this book, I knew it needed a blog post. My daughter and I both read a lot. I fact, she is reading it right now. Lol. Your blog sounds good, but I have seen that it does take some time to plan and publish. So far it’s been really fun. I hope you keep coming back.
      La Donna

      Delete

It’s been a while

Hey y’all!  I know it’s been a while since the last post. We’ve had quite almost year and half with our family. We’ve had some medical diagn...