Monday, June 4, 2018

Is Egglettes worth it?

I have a boiled egg for breakfast every day along with pickles, jalapenos, yogurt or cottage cheese.  I hate peeling boiled eggs and the mess they make. It seems if you're in a hurry, they do not want to peel right and you lose a lot of the white with the peel.



When Sam and I saw Egglettes, I thought that it would be the answer to the peeling mess that boiled eggs make. So, I bought them to try.

The first ones I made were just plain hard boiled eggs.  You put the egg in the Egglette and close the lid and drop them into a pan of boiling water.  They have a little hole in the top and if you drop them too fast, they turn over and some of the egg comes out of the whole and cooks the white a little.  Note to self, don't do that again.

 I boiled them for 16 minutes and then let them cool.  This is how they came out of the cups.




The second ones I made are with just egg whites that I had left over from making a banana pudding.  I put salt, pepper, a little milk and cheddar cheese in them.  I put the cheese in first, then put the seasonings in the whites, whisked them up and poured them over the cheese.  I boiled them for 16 minutes and this is what they looked like.




They are delicious!

I think Egglettes are worth the money if you eat boiled eggs.  In fact, I will be buying another package or two of them!



Pickle Rating:




Love-Craft-Pickles

La Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

Hey y’all!  I know it’s been a while since the last post. We’ve had quite almost year and half with our family. We’ve had some medical diagn...