Friday, July 20, 2018

cupping

Everyone had some body part that they wish they could change.  Me, I have two, my neck and my ankle.  I have lymphedema on the whole left side of my body.  Lymphedema is when your lymph nods swell because the blood is not flowing like it is suppose to. About 30 years ago I had a lymph nod removed that they thought was cancer, but it was cat scratch fever. I went to a Lymphedema Clinic and they wanted to have me come in 3-4 days a week for 3-4 hours at almost $1000.00 a week that is not covered by my insurance.  I don't have that kind of money or that kind of time.

I went to google and looked up how to treat lymphedema.  I found some supplements and this is what I take:

Turmeric Curcumin - for anti-inflammatory (it also has ginger in it)
Butcher's Broom - blood circulation
Bromelain - swelling (it's the center of pineapple)


I started taking the supplements and massaging my neck and this is the results.
I was happy with the results, but I could see that I might be able to do even more.  So, I went back to google and saw something called cupping.  I went to Amazon and ordered 3 sets of cupping therapy cups.

One set of cups that came with a gun type of things also came with instructions in Chinese, so those stay in the box.  I got 2 others that are like a suction cup and I use those every other day for 20 minutes at a time and I massage after. This is what they look like.
This is what it looks like when I cup.
I don't know if you can see, but it pulls my skin inside of the cup.  I have used it on my face, but the last time it bruised my face, so I'm going to hold off on my face for awhile.  

This is the results of what I am currently doing.  Cupping, supplements and massaging.
I don't know if you can tell, but I have gotten the swelling down and you can see where it is white from not seeing the sun.  Here is a better picture of what I am talking about.
This makes me so happy!  I know I still have a ways to go, but at least I can see progress.

I'm not a medical professional. I've googled these treatments and talked to my doctor to make sure they were ok for me to do. Do not try anything without talking to your doctor first.    

Love-Craft-Pickles

La Donna


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that is working for you. What a difference. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out last night that there is ginger oil that you can massage in to help with the drainage of lymph nodes. I may have to order some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you found something that is working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only bad thing is if I miss anything it get large again and I have to start all over.

    ReplyDelete

It’s been a while

Hey y’all!  I know it’s been a while since the last post. We’ve had quite almost year and half with our family. We’ve had some medical diagn...