Saturday, May 12, 2018

Hello all,

Of course I could not start a blog named The Plaid Pickle and not give out the pickle recipe that I am currently addicted to. My mom got the recipe from her uncle after a trip to Oklahoma. These pickles hit on all the things I love in a pickle. They are dill, garlicy, spicy, and sweet. I have these for breakfast every morning and throughout the day. When I don’t have then, I seem to have leg and foot cramps. The recipe is at the end of this post.

Theses pickles are made with Vlasic Kosher Dill Whole Pickles that are drained, cut into chunks and then you put them in a jar and add sugar, garlic, peppers.  Scrumptious.

This is what the pickles look like before you make them.  The recipe is for a large batch, but you can cut it in half, but I don't know why anyone would!





These are the peppers.  I find these in the baking isle by the Mexican spices.




SPICY/SWEET GARLIC DILL PICKLES

1  80oz Vlasic Kosher Dill whole pickles (I have used others and they are just as good)
3  Cups sugar
6  whole cloves garlic
1/2 pkg chile Pequin Peppers 1/4 oz     (I have put more in and I have put less in.  I would start my 1st batch with a few to see how hot you want them.


Remove pickles from jar, pour off the juice.  I sometimes save the juice for my husband to drink because he gets really bad leg cramps.  Cut pickles into 3 or 4 chunks per pickle. Be sure to cut both ends off of pickles.  Using the same jar, put 1/3 pickles, 1 cup of sugar, 2 cloves of garlic, and some peppers, repeat the process 2 more times.  Put in the refrigerator.  Turn the jar upside down after the 1st day.  On the 3rd day shake really good to dissolve all the sugar. On the 4th day you can eat them (sometimes I don't wait for 4 days!)

Suggestions: When you turn them upside down, it helps to but them in a bowl incase they leak.  You can reuse the juice for 1 to 2 more times. Enjoy!


PICKLE RATING:  




As Always,

Love-Craft-Pickles

La Donna




























No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

Hey y’all!  I know it’s been a while since the last post. We’ve had quite almost year and half with our family. We’ve had some medical diagn...