Saturday, March 2, 2019

Is Blue Apron Really Worth It?

Hello Again,

I know that some people don't like to go grocery shopping or make menus.  I love to grocery shop and really don't mind making menus.  I do hate when I make menus and then when it comes time to cook it, I really don't want it as much as I wanted it the day I wrote it down.  lol

I am always looking for new recipes that John and Samantha will eat.  Ibotta had a rebate and sale for Blue Apron, so I thought that I would give it a try.  I looked on their site and found 2 meals that John would eat, so ordered them.

I ordered One-Pan Chicken & Gnocchi and Steaks & Cheesy Sweet Potato Mash (The steak one was a MasterChef selection)

When it came it was all in a box with a frozen gel pack that kept the cold stuff cold.  I opened the box and this is what was in it.



When I unloaded the box, this is the ingredients for 2 meals looks like.



 The steak was the first meal that I made.


I think mine looked a lot like the picture they provided.  It was an easy recipe to follow.  It had boxes to check as you completed the steps.  The only complaints were, John did not have enough meat, so I gave him mine and it kept throwing me off having cheesy sweet potato. Sam wasn't home for this meal. If she was then there really wouldn't have been enough food. 


The second meal was the Chicken Gnocchi













Again, I think mine turned out just like the picture they provided.  This one was really good and there was so much left after John and I ate it that I had lunch the next day.

I feel like if you or your family like to eat new things and can not decide what to try, you don't like to grocery shop or don't have the time, then this would be a great thing to try.  For us, it really did not work.  Also, I like looking up new receips and I love grocery shopping.  


Love-Craft-Pickles

La Donna











































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s been a while

Hey y’all!  I know it’s been a while since the last post. We’ve had quite almost year and half with our family. We’ve had some medical diagn...